Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Malaysian Ways, The Language

Yesterday I got a mail from a friend who stayed in Canada. She asked why in most of my post got those words add at the end of sentences, such as, mah, lah, leh, de, , wah, lo, wei, hmmm, geh; all those words.

Well, my dear friend, this is Malaysian ways of language where these words are to makes those sentences more supported and stronger impacts.


Let me explain one by one by giving examples to each of the unnecessarily words.

Mah - meaning yes
Example - I do already mah, why still scold me?

Lah - hurrying
Example - Faster lah! Else I will poop in my underwear!!

Leh -not liking
Example: Faster le, you want me bang you with my car?

De - confirmed
Example: I bought those de, why?

Wah - happy or shock
Example: Wah!! I look slimmer in this pumpkin suit (happy)
Example: Wah!! He grab his crotch in front of us (shock)

Lo - is like that, why you don't understand
Example: I already tell you is like dat lo, you don't want listen, why so stupid

Wei - mean beware or calling someone you don't know
Example: Wei!! there got sex maniac!! (beware)
Example: Wei!! You din't zip up (calling someone)

Hmmm - thinking
Example: Hmmm, I think cup A is my size

Geh - advising
Example: This underwear not good geh, it not absorbing sweat

All these are some daily used words. At first only Chinese people used this but now all majority people in Malaysia also used these words. So please forgives me if I used these words in my blog. Is really unnecessarily though but it made sentences more pathetic, impact and sometimes funny.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates