Thursday, February 25, 2010

Percy Jackson & Olympians - The Lightning Thief

Title: Percy Jackson & Olympians - The Lightning Thief 
Author: Rick Riordan
Publisher: Puffin Books
ISBN: 9780141319131


Back Cover text
"Look, I didn't want to be a Half-Blood. I never asked to be the son of a greek god."

I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. That's when things really started going wrong. Now I spend my time fighting with swords, battling monsters with my friends and generally trying to stay alive.

This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea. 

Can Percy find the lightning bolt before a fully fledged war of the god erupts? 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I first read the book, I feel that I am reading Harry Potter's series. With all the magic, trio make a team, monsters, ordinary boy become hero and lots more (read it). But it seem unfair for Rick as Potter's movies went up first before Percy's. So maybe we keep compare it with Rowling's works. But seriously, I really think that Percy's is better than Potter's, maybe I like Greek mythology and Greek's gods moreover the movie is better lots than Potter's first movie.

You might have seen my older post where Percy's book that I reviewed. Just for your info, that book comes with the Movie-Tie-In cover. And I bought this book because I want to collect the whole set of 5 books with the same covers.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates