Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Winter Solstice

Slept very late last night, now having nothing to do, I staring at the computer and the computer stare back. Feeling extremely guilty because I'm getting more and more lazy. Now already second last week of year 2010 and coming this Wednesday is Winter Solstice according to Chinese's calendar. Then three days after it, is Christmas. I still remember how I celebrate my Christmas last year. Gosh, time really doesn't wait. Yet what did I achieve? Nothing beside getting a new car, getting in more debts and learned some Tibetan Buddhist's arts.



Today I am extremely sleepy. Later if can, I want go supermarket and get a few packs of glutinous rice ball especially with red bean filling. My favorite. According to Chinese's custom, the celebration of Winter Solstice is more important than Chinese New Year. My mom has been calling and asked me back for dinner. I wish I can go back but you know la, KL always super jam after working hours. So making my way back to Kajang will be very exhausted. Moreover staying over after dinner will need me to wake up extremely early to avoid jam on tomorrow morning.  So I think I just cooked on my own this Wednesday.

So you may wonder, why Chinese are eating this colorful balls during this special day? Well, traditionally, the Winter Solstice Festival, which is also known as DongZhi is a time for the family members to get together. By making and eating  of these glutinous rice also called as TangYuan symbolize reunion (round shape).

 TangYuan are made of glutinuous rice flour and sometimes they colored and with fillings. They are cooked in normally sweet soup or dipped in crushed peanuts with sugar.

Now I have nothing to show you as I will cook them only on this Wednesday and here I wish you all have a wonderful week ahead (so many of my friends already in holiday), a happy and blessed Winter Solstice festival, plus a very Merry Christmas, and not forgetting a Happy New Year.


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates