Monday, March 7, 2011

Random Pictures from My Batu Caves Trip

Went to Batu Caves yesterday. I managed to take couple of pictures there. I walked along the 272 steps and managed to snapshot these pictures inside the cave.

There was a wedding ceremony, can't get the couples pictures but this beautiful god. I dunno his name but indeed he look majestic on his throne.


Under the hot 1pm sun, these bird eat tirelessly, even you shoo them, they like don care. CUTE

Standing at 42.7m high, the world's tallest statue of Lord Murugan, located outside Batu Caves Temple

Braving the 272 steps to the cave

The Japanese's tourists feeding the monkey. Seriously I don't think it's wise to feed them. Some of it even snatches people's handbags, flowers and anything look foods to them.  I am so worried they snatch my camera.

Inside the cave there are two cave temples. The main temple is at the lower cave. According to one of the guy working there, most of the Hindu statues and paintings. Many of the shrines are relate to Lord Murugan's victory over the demon Soorapadam.


Guess what is this for? Actually it's just a drain. Well, very beautiful drain. 

Ngam ngam the time when the sunlight hit the lobang at the cave. 

Nice hor??

At the upper cave, I think this is a guardian deity looking after the temple. Btw, the bird is real one.

After touring the upper temple, on my way going downstair, i saw these monkeys doing the "treasure hunting".

Another sighting is this old lady. When she appears from nowhere suddenly all people go surround her and get blessing from her. The most significant thing is the long thing hanging behind her. Is actually her hair.....


  A closer look at her hair....

Finally back to the temple's ground. Here this religious guy wave me over as he wants to bless me or something. Then he put on the white mark on my forehead where I bowed as to thanking him. But he stare at me and I stare back while he tapping the plate. Meaning ........he wants donation. Look like the real reason behind the blessing is for d-o-n-a-t-i-o-n-s. Can't blame them, they need it for temple's developments.


 Look at the white dot on my forehead. Rest awhile after braving the blazing sun and balik.

COCONUT coconuts coconuts

Lord Ganesha

Dunno her name but she look beautiful!!


This entry is specially credited to Miss Mei Yen
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates