Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Yellow-Lighted Bookstore

Title: The Yellow-Lighted Bookstore
Author: Lewis Buzbee
Publisher: Graywolf Press

ISBN: 9781555975104




Back Cover text

using his retail experience as a point of departure, Lewis Buzbee gives readers a guided tour of the book business from the ancients to today. As much a history of bookstores as a meditation on the reading life. The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop speaks to the book lover in all of us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I liked this book very much. It was one of my favorites for the year I read it. Fortunately, I managed to get the last copy from Kinokuniya KLCC.  I've been meaning to buy my own copy ever since I read it from a book's review in a newspaper. This is my most favourite part from the book.
'It's not as if I don't have anything to read; there's a tower of perfectly good unread books next to my bed, not to mention the shelves of books in the living room I've been meaning to reread. I find myself, maddeningly, hungry for the next one, as yet unknown. I no longer try to analyze this hunger; I capitulated long ago to the book lust that's afflicted me most of my life.'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More reviews from,
Barnes and Noble
Suite 101
ThingsMeanALot
Google Books
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates