Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh Buddha

The other day, I was doing prostrations because by just meditating, my mind still running wild, wander to La La Land, keep thinking where to go later, what to eat, what to buy and many more stupid imaginations and ideas ( I mean bad one, really bad one).



Having chanting Medicine Buddha's short mantra plus full prostrations, still my mind can think of something else and I can't fully concentrate. Half way prostration (I think about 70++) I can felt that I am sweating all over my forehead, then the sweat start dropping off as I lay my hands down onto the floor. Suddenly a car passby my house and honked. What the ......it really make me jump. From then on, my mind was empty. (So next time, if you know you will not concentrating on doing prostrations, ask someone honk for you. PS: i will not responsible if there are any heart-failure resulted from this suggestion).  Then the first thing that crossed my mind was prostrations = exercise = sweat = release toxins = SLIMMING!!

Oh no, I am so disrespectful. But maybe this is a sign from Medicine Buddha gua....hahaha. The reason why I do prostrations is not to commit into the preliminary practice or to complete a 100,000 prostrations but to make my mind more relaxing and spending time in front of my beautiful altar instead of the silent killer radiating monitor & TV (you know la, one day without FB will make your body itchy, moreover those FB's games are so addictive). You may eyeroll over on the lame and stupidity for all this nonsense...

Everyone know that its so beneficial by doing prostrations, creating good karma and receiving initiations after completing certain amount of recitation mantras, making offerings and prostrations. But I am doing it for SLIMMING? I must be kidding. Something so sacred and beneficial tasks I can turn it into such silly for-my-own-benefits thingy....tsk...tsk...tsk...no wonder people said that this is a degenerating era even good things can also become like this...


Oh Buddha, please forgive my ignorance and please grant me to have at least some wisdom to understand the Dharma more profoundly.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© You. Me. Us All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates